I’ve been nominated for an award.
A Liebster Award!
In case you’re in the same boat I was, and have no idea what that means, here’s a brief little breakdown, copied from the lovely lady– who also happens to be named Katie- that nominated me!
The Liebster Award:
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs (aka, don’t nominate the person who nominated you).
Simple enough, right? Right! So without further ado…
11 Random Facts About Me
1. In 2011, I lived in Virginia right outside of Washington D.C. While our nation’s capitol is quite an admirable city, I missed New York so much that I ended up moving back after just 6 months. What can I say? I’m a New York city girl at heart. Always have been, always will be.
2. I’m a distance athlete. No if, ands, or butts about it. As a swimmer, my race was the 500 yard freestyle. Now, as a runner, I’d choose to race 13 miles over sprinting 4 any day.
I spy a Hungry Runner in the pool. Can you guess which swimmer I am in the photo below?
3. I’m starting to become a little obsessed with food photography. My current blog crushes including Sally’s Baking Addiction, Chocolate Covered Katie, and The Novice Chef. I aspire to have food photos as lovely and scrumptious looking as theirs one day.
4. In college, I was the editor of the Entertainment and Lifestyle section of the campus newspaper for two years. Pizza was always present at our Thursday night editorial meetings and therefore, so was I.
5. I just found out that my Dad has no idea who Beyonce and Jay-Z are.
6. If you ask me, I’ll tell you, “I hardly ever watch TV.” Except for when I binge on entire seasons of Parks and Recreation, Gossip Girl, The Office, and Mad Men. But no, seriously, I like never watch TV.
7. I have a Breakfast at Tiffany’s Audrey Hepburn poster hanging above my bed. She is queen. Running to Tiffany’s and eating breakfast outside of the store was one of the first things I did upon moving into Manhattan.
8. I have zero sense of direction and absolutely no navigational skills. I am notorious for getting lost.
9. Since starting this blog about a year ago, I have become a fiend for oatmeal and I eat for breakfast nearly every morning. Before that, I used to eat cereal like some kind of newb.
10. Working with a personal trainer for over a year and having him help me go above and beyond reaching my fitness goals is what inspired me to get my certification and start helping others do the same.
11. Tumblr is my favorite social media network and I will shamelessly use this final fact to promote the Hungry Runner tumblr page because you should most definitely be following it.
Questions from Katie:
1. What motivated you to start a blog in the first place?
Writing is my heart’s true passion. I’ve had several blogs before this one. One about music, one about bookstores, even one that was just a potpourri of random collections of my thoughts and favorite things. So when I started to develop a really deep passion for health and fitness, it was only natural that I start a blog about it.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
3. What would your dream job look like?
Blogging, full-time. Updating Hungry Runner for all of you everyday.
4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
5. Name something you’re really looking forward to in the near future.
The Central Park Gridiron Classic race on February 3!
6. If you could be part of any sitcom, which would you choose?
The Office. And I would be a much cooler, more interesting, more fun version of Pam.
7. What is a goal you have for 2013?
To qualify for the 2014 NYC Marathon by running 9 New York Road Runner races and volunteering for 1!
8. What is your favorite way to workout?
Hands down, running. Right now, specifically, running in Central Park.
9. If you had to eat the same food everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pizza. No questions asked.
10. If you could go back to live in any decade, which would you choose?
Uhhhh, this is really hard to choose, but you know what? The women in the 60’s got to wear really cool clothes. And they had Don Draper too. Both of those are good enough reasons for me.
11. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
“Never half-ass anything.” – My Dad.
Ron Swanson also once said something similar.
Bloggers I am nominating:
Maggie at Running with Balance
Candice at Embrace G-Free
Linds at Living Like Linds
Kailey at The Caffeinated Runner
Courtney at Real Foodology
Deborah at The Food Yogi
Izzy at Veganizzm
Alexis at Lit Chick Getting Fit
Anne at Healthy is Classy
Kate at Kate Runs
Now it’s your turn! Comment below and tell me 1 random fact about you!
Nominees: Email me at Katie@hungry-runner.com for your 11 questions 🙂 Continue reading